Table of Content
Covid-19 is a hot topic nowadays. everyone is concerned about child safety and the prevailing pandemic. Coronavirus is a strain of viruses coronavirus was first identified in Wuhan China name coronavirus disease 2019 covid-19. Covid-19 is an abbreviation of three words. “Co” stands for coronavirus “vi” stands for virus “d” stands for the disease.
The reason for declaring it a panoramic is not it’s deadliness but because of its geographical spread light other virus is it’s also contagious can spread from one person to the other and also from touching the surface contaminated with the virus.
There are lots of myth circulating online regarding coronavirus you should have correct information about the virus only then you can prevent yourself and your family from getting infected here is a quick summary of symptoms fever precautions and safety gears from coronavirus
The common symptoms of coronavirus are similar to the flu influenza-like fever cough breathing issues. Coronavirus is most common in adults and people of older age Kids are less likely to catch and spread the coronavirus. But we cannot eliminate the possible risk of an infant getting infected by a coronavirus. So, for child safety precaution is better than cure.
The best way to deal with this pandemic is surely less exposure of your kids to crowded places until this virus is better controlled. If it’s necessary to take them outside cover them properly and change their clothes after you return home. Other precautions that will surely help include;
- Masks are not recommended for children under 2 years of age.
- Wash your kid’s hands more often especially touching anything that comes from outside.
- Sanitize your baby’s hands and Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Ask your child not to touch his/her body parts like facing your eyes, nose, and mouth. Or put the hand in the mouth. In case he/she touches, wash their hands.
- Anyone re-entering home should practice good hand-hygiene before coming in contact with the baby.
- Be alert for any symptoms close to covid-19 like flu sneezing fever. Monitor your baby’s health and in case of any concern call your health care provider immediately.
- For kids, more than 2 years should wear masks and parents can encourage them by making a personalized mask or picture of their favorite cartoon character on the mask.
- Caregivers should also teach the kids how to put on and take off mask properly.
- If there are multiple kids in the house, keep kids spaced apart and Feed them with their own utensils. If one child is sick separate it from others as much as you can…I know it’s easier said than done. But the virus is contagious one needs to be more careful.
Studies show that some people are more likely to get very sick from coronavirus due to health problems they already have such as asthma, diabetes, or a weak immune system, and adults age 65 or older.
We all know that Babies less than a year are more sensitive thus have a higher risk of getting infected by the virus For the foreseeable future, we all need to make it a habit of handwashing, covering our mouths with our elbows when we sneezing.
Now let’s talk about the lock-downs and the second wave of covid-19 and what basic items you should stock up at home!
Frankly speaking, you don’t need to pile up unnecessary things at home as it breaks the demand and supply chain ends up in unavailability of an item or inflating its price.
Here I am recommending a few basic items to have in-house specifically for kids and generally for the whole family for dealing with this horrible pandemic.
Fever being the most common symptom of covid-19; create a demand for a thermometer at home. You should have a good thermometer at home so you can keep a check on the baby’s temperature.
Check our review of the five best thermometers you can buy.
Washing hands with soap and water are certainly not equal to sanitizing hands! Washing hands with soap and water removes all types of germs from hands even pesticides and heavy metals like lead.
It’s not possible to wash hands over and over again and when you are outside the house it’s almost impossible so sanitizers are kind of good help.
3. Face mask:
Face masks are not suitable for babies under 2 years but you should have them for everyone in the house older than 2 years! As it’s a must-have for going outside.
4. Baby diapers:
In lock-down or in quarantine definitely, you don’t want to be run out of baby diapers so check our review of the five best bay diapers.
5. Baby wipe:
Baby wipes are another baby essential along with the diaper you just need a wipe to not only clean the poop but also the baby’s hands and face too. Check our review of the five best baby wipes.